Previous topicNext topic

Edit Scene Only

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
Sadler

Edit Scene Only

Post by Sadler »

When one clicks on a scene either with the folder list arrow or via the tab the scene plays and the arrow is disabled while the scene is playing. This is logical and helpful though perhaps you might want to consider keeping the arrow as a synonym for Synchronise modules if it is the currently active scene.

However, when one Edits Scene Only from either the folder view or the tab the play button is also removed. This isn't so logical since there is now no way to play that scene from the folder view. One can click on the tab (if it is still visible) to play the scene.
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Edit Scene Only

Post by Magic »

Hmm yes, I see your point. Either way though, there might be something illogical about it...

Here's what I don't like about always having the arrow: it points to the main editor area (not the output window), so if the scene is already being edited, you might ask yourself what clicking the arrow again would do. Even if I made it re-synchronize the modules, it might not be obvious what was happening... not sure. This might be best left to v2.01...?
Sadler

Re: Edit Scene Only

Post by Sadler »

The arrow loads the scene and plays the scene. I don't find it confusing that the arrow is pointing to the edit-area since I see it as primarily a play button. So, even if there is a scene in the editor already, if it's not playing through the output window, then it seems logical to me that the play button would play it.

When I've just edited a scene and want it to go to output, I miss that little arrow. The folder view has quickly superseded the tabs for me. But, sure, v2.01.