Previous topicNext topic

ppp

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
OP9

ppp

Post by OP9 »

Hi all,

this is my first post on this forum, i read every day...I'm a big fan of MMV (which i use alongside many others softwares like Max/msp/jitter, Blender, Bitwig, etc...) i like MMV a lot.

Ok then, here is my request (i've got others ideas but i'll try to create new topics as i think it might be better for this forum(?))

Would it be possible to had further options in the export menu? i'm planning to print some screen capture and the png export feature only works at a 72 x 72 ppp resolution...i would need at least a 300 x 300 ppp resolution...(would i be able to do this by using the spout?)

Thanks a lot! (can't wait to get my hands on that V2!)
Magic
Site Admin

Re: ppp

Post by Magic »

this is my first post on this forum, i read every day...I'm a big fan of MMV (which i use alongside many others softwares like Max/msp/jitter, Blender, Bitwig, etc...) i like MMV a lot.
Would it be possible to had further options in the export menu? i'm planning to print some screen capture and the png export feature only works at a 72 x 72 ppp resolution...i would need at least a 300 x 300 ppp resolution
Well, for example, an image that is 10 inches high at 72 pixels/inch is pixel-for-pixel identical to the same image which is 2.4 inches high at 300 pixels/inch. Both are 720 pixels high. The only difference is the metadata which describes the image, and it can easily be changed in Photoshop or some similar program, without actually affecting the image data.

Or is that not what you were referring to? I guess I'm not sure if I understood correctly.
OP9

Post by OP9 »

I'm not really sure about my sayin as i previously made my studies in music composition and IT...
i don't know much about computer graphics and printing, but i'm trying to learn.

I'll ask further information to the people that warned me about this...and get back here :)
artnik

Post by artnik »

PPP – I assume you speak French then?

In English it's generally PPI (Pixels Per Inch). As already noted, PPP/PPI is only relevant to printing, but the fact that you can't specify it should not be an issue.

Determine how big your print is in inches, and multiply the dimensions by 300 to get the pixel dimensions to set in Magic. (e.g. A 10 by 20 inch print needs to be 3000 x 6000 pixels to get 300 PPI at the final printed size. You may have to scale the image when you import it into the application you are using to print it, but that's not a big deal. Pixels are pixels. :-)
OP9

Post by OP9 »

Okay, thanks for the help...you're right i'm french and i assume i really am a newbie about those videos / printings stuffs...
might look forward to apply the translation in centimeters tho'