Ableton Channel Support

Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:25 am

I would like to be able to route audio from a channel in Ableton Live directly into an audio source in MMV. I run a live looping show and would like to be able to design custom visuals for the audio on each ableton channel. I have tried several virtual routing programs to no avail.

Thank you for considering! I think this is a natural use for MMV and some sort of support would be outstanding.
IvanJones

Re: Ableton Channel Support

Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:09 pm

Are you routing Audio or MIDI or both?

I am in the same boat, and I almost got there.
Are you trying to route tracks directly out of Ableton? Or just from the Audio interface (I use a Focusrite scarlett 2nd gen)? The audio interface matters. I got it to route into Magic with no lag, but there was a static pop noise. I tried a different option in magic for the interface (direct monitoring?) and it sounded great but had an unusable amount of lag into Magic.

I just want to route tracks directly into Magic with no sound quality loss and no time lag.

I'm looking into VB- Cable now.
loopdaflar

Re: Ableton Channel Support

Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:40 am

For instance, I am using Ableton as a looper for my instruments. I have 8 channels in ableton which are essentially loop banks. I would love to be able to route a signal from each of those individual tracks for use as an audio source in MMV.
IvanJones

Return to Feature Requests

© 2020 Color & Music, LLC • This web site is mobile-friendly