Increase value only

Tue May 28, 2019 3:55 am

Hello,
I'm experimenting with your software and so far I have a waveform that I'm trying to cycle through color on pulses with increasing step value. Like jump from red to yellow then green etc... on beats. I have read "Modifier Table" in the user guide and searched for a few key words in the forum but didn't find anything, you may re-direct me to a forum page in case I missed one.

So far I have a Gate to "detect" the peaks I want, but there doesn't seem to have a way to add a modifier that will only increase by the input and ignore decrease. Id like when I have constant value of 3 go up by the average of the time increment set in the parameter (so if I set 1 (second) in P and my I (imput) is of 3 for 1 second, I want my output to be 3) Then If my Imput drops to 0, I want my output to remain at 3. If the second after "I" goes back to 3 for 1s I want my output to now become 6 (over these 3 seconds there would have been 3x1+0x1+3x1=6)
If I set my parameter to 0.5 (so .5 seconds) I want the imput of 3 for 1second to be equal to 6 (since the timing multiplier "triggered" twice in that second). Maybe have negative Parameter in case we want to de-crease ? I don't know)
This may be a crude way to do what I want so other ideas would be welcome :)

Many thanks!
ThaWizzard

Re: Increase value only

Tue May 28, 2019 2:16 pm

The Increase modifier only increases. Set its parameter to 0 and it will only increase by its previous modifiers, not itself.
Eric
Site Admin

Tue May 28, 2019 7:48 pm

Oh makes sense, many thanks ! Sounds obvious now so sorry about that x')
Now I run into a problem, the number keeps on increasing even if I set the Increase and Ramp parameter to 0, and toggling the modifier on / off on either Modifiers "solves" the problem.
Here's a video https://youtu.be/7GiHvuI2M3E
I have my gate for when I have my audio source to detect the spikes in volume, a "Increase" for it to stay / only increase, then steps to jump in color, and I have put a Ramp so when it arrives at 1 it jumps back to 0 to re-cycle though the colors.
But here as you can see in the video, it still increases the number quite rapidly.
ThaWizzard

Tue May 28, 2019 8:09 pm

I think you want a Wrap modifier at the end, not a Ramp.

If you want things to move more slowly, you can put a small Scale value after your Gate.
Eric
Site Admin

Return to Feature Requests

© 2019 Color & Music, LLC • This web site is mobile-friendly