Previous topicNext topic

New Source Input type

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
hazardman

New Source Input type

Post by hazardman »

would really love to see a source or a modiifer type for: Current Playback Time Position (in play or pause)...

i have a 10 minute video file that i would like to sync up with the time line (playback head) but only have the video appear at random times (as per the randomize playlist)...

my current work-around it to use a global modifier with a ramp set to 1/video length in second (so 1/600 ) and a scale modifier = video length (in seconds)...i then link the Start Time of the video module to this global and also activate the Scene Start..this way, whenever the scene is activated the video's time position is the same as the playback time (if i started an un-interrupted playback from 00:00.0)...but sometimes, when i'm working on a project i want to be able to jump back and forth on the time-line so being able to sync the video's time position to the playback position would be fabulous ;)...

i also foresee this as being helpful for those who are requesting a more time-line approach to triggering events at specific times...for example, we could trigger the power of a module to be On by using an expression modifier...for example, if(x>62,1,0) would turn the the module on if the playback position is 62s (02:02.0)...all else before that time, the module would be off...

anyway, just a thought....
Magic
Site Admin

Re: New Source Input type

Post by Magic »

Yes, something like that will be coming! ;)
hazardman

Post by hazardman »

Eric wrote:Yes, something like that will be coming! ;)
beauty, eh!
hazardman

Post by hazardman »

btw, i came up with a better "work-around" and posted it here...;)

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1650