Previous topicNext topic

Kaleidoscope sampling region

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
Corlian

Kaleidoscope sampling region

Post by Corlian »

Hi! I'd like to request an edit of the MMV Kaleidoscope module to change which region of the source is getting sampled. It seems to only take the far right slice. I'd love to be able to rotate that to other regions (down, left, up etc) so it can sample different parts of the image.

I know about this:
https://magicmusicvisuals.com/forums/vi ... cope#p8703

However even with all the options, it still seems to sample the same region of the source regardless.

Thanks!
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Kaleidoscope sampling region

Post by Magic »

Hi, the solution is to move your source (using the Translate module) to the area where the Kaleidoscope samples it.
Corlian

Re: Kaleidoscope sampling region

Post by Corlian »

I use the raw source in conjunction with the kaleidoscoped version. That would require me to have a second copy of the same signal and then set up controls to rotate that source and move it around, which is challenging when I have my midi controller maps maxed out for other parameters. Also with the fixed sampling direction, the effect fans out from the right when changing the number of sides. I'd like to be able to have that fanning motion begin from below, or above, for better visual symmetry. A module that changed the sampling direction would solve these issues.