Previous topicNext topic

New Spectrum demo project for download (with audio)

Tutorials, FAQs, resources, and examples for using Magic.
Magic
Site Admin

New Spectrum demo project for download (with audio)

Post by Magic »

Hi guys, you may have seen the video we recently posted which shows some of the new features in Magic 2.11:

I wanted to post the full project (with audio) so you can see how it works and customize it for yourself. Here's the download link: https://magicmusicvisuals.s3.amazonaws. ... ectrum.zip

This project is pretty resource-intensive, so it may go a bit slow on older computers. If you have a really fast computer, you can un-bypass the Antialias module for even better quality.

Some things to take note of:

- The curviness of the Spectrum is made possible by the new Spectrum parameters in 2.11, and the use of the Circle Wrap Distortion effect (which existed since 2.0).

- The very subtle vibrations on heavy beats are made possible by the new Expression modifier functionality, which allows you to use Globals as variables. Specifically, you will see that a random element is applied only when the beat is above a certain threshold.

- It's easy to change the background simply by editing/removing/adding modules in the Background scene.

- Make sure you have at least Magic 2.11 -- older versions won't load this project properly (some features will be missing).

That's it for now... I hope you enjoy, and if you have any questions, please feel free to reply!

-Eric
skarabee

Re: New Spectrum demo project for download (with audio)

Post by skarabee »

Yep, an example with "global as variables"! Thanks Eric.
Downloading...
jackymurda

Post by jackymurda »

Hi All!

I'm new here and completely new to making video. I'm an audio engineer and music producer using Magic to make youtube videos .

I've downloaded the demo, and tried a few things out with this project.
I'm wondering if theres a way to make the logo circle a little less sensitive or reduce the amount of movement. the tracks I produce are quite loud after mastering, and the moving circle gets super huge.

cheers!
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

reduce the amount of movement
There are many ways...
Choose a narrower/quieter frequency
Scale the source
Clamp the source
Subtract from the source (similar to clamping)
jackymurda

Post by jackymurda »

LuckyRiver

Post by LuckyRiver »

Hi,,

Thanks for sharing!

I'm new to the forum as I evaluate the demo before buying.

I download the project of new spectrum demo, but when I try to export to a mp4 file with my sound file, it does not have sound waves animated?
If I play , it does.

Did I miss something, or is it the demo software does not allow me to do it?

Any help is appreciated!
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Yes, of course you can do that. I suggest you watch the first tutorial video (https://magicmusicvisuals.com/tutorialvideos) to learn how to export a movie with a sound file.