Previous topicNext topic

Starfield with no stars and full *black* screen

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
Rick Zetzema

Starfield with no stars and full *black* screen

Post by Rick Zetzema »

I have a problem with creating. If i put in starfield it won't show up at the magic window. and if i put it to fullscreen it shows a black screen :?: :?:
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Starfield with no stars and full *black* screen

Post by Magic »

What kind of graphics card do you have? Perhaps it doesn't meet the minimum requirements?
Rick Zetzema

Post by Rick Zetzema »

Eric wrote:What kind of graphics card do you have? Perhaps it doesn't meet the minimum requirements?
Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset is it in the minimum requirements?
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Hmm, I don't think so. For example, I found this post which says the G45 only has 32MB of dedicated memory: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/33335 ... -dedicated, which is definitely not enough, although I'm not sure how accurate it is.

The G45 seems to be around 8 years old (~2008), and it's an integrated solution. In our download page's hardware requirements section, we recommend at least Intel Graphics HD (~2010) for an integrated solution. Discrete graphics can be older though, since they are generally better.
Rick Zetzema

Post by Rick Zetzema »

Eric wrote:Hmm, I don't think so. For example, I found this post which says the G45 only has 32MB of dedicated memory: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/33335 ... -dedicated, which is definitely not enough, although I'm not sure how accurate it is.

The G45 seems to be around 8 years old (~2008), and it's an integrated solution. In our download page's hardware requirements section, we recommend at least Intel Graphics HD (~2010) for an integrated solution. Discrete graphics can be older though, since they are generally better.

Hmm, i have a screenshot, maybe this will help you? It is in dutch (which is my language) but i think the dedicated memory is 64 MB
Attachments
Naamloos.png
Naamloos.png (13.62 KiB) Viewed 7749 times
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Ok, to be honest I'm not sure. I have a computer with an Intel HD Graphics 4000 chip which shows a similar configuration to yours, but mine works fine.

Have you tried updating your graphics driver? It seems like maybe you are using the default Microsoft drivers, which might be part of the problem. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/.
blackdot

Post by blackdot »

Could it be possible that you already rigged the starfield somehow and the stsrs are just size 0 and thsts why you dont see them?
Rick Zetzema

Post by Rick Zetzema »

blackdot wrote:Could it be possible that you already rigged the starfield somehow and the stsrs are just size 0 and thsts why you dont see them?
No, i have looked but even size 10 doesn't show up
Rick Zetzema

Post by Rick Zetzema »

Seriously? SERIOUSLY?! :x
Is that all you can do, Rick?
I figured it out, you have to put a object in first.
Starfield alone doesn't work