Previous topicNext topic

Audio issues

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
renzyfan

Audio issues

Post by renzyfan »

Hi you all...I have a question (maybe a request is better). I notice that many audio drivers (asio) are not recognized as they should be (or at least as I desire). I have 5 different devices which I tested in Magic Music Visuals and only 1 (and only the latest release) is recognized with all inputs available. 4 are M-audio devices (Fast track Ultra 8R, Delta 44, Delta 66 and MobilePre) and 1 behringer very simple...2 channels.
The point: Can you do something to let the drivers be recognized with all inputs at the same time?
In a live show I have to use the FTU8R (with 8 inputs and outputs) for audio (music show) purposes and I would like to use 4 inputs for Magic Music Visuals with one of the Delta (44 or 66) but I can't because all the drivers can offer 2 couples of track at the time. The strange thing is that all the inputs are separately available but the Delta ASIO driver "coul'd not be loaded" (it says). All inputs are working well (but not together!). Maybe you can manage those inputs allowing multiple selections? (so it is not ASIO dependent...don't know if it is possible). Obviously the card device I need for audio is perfect with MMV but I need it for LIVE MUSIC!
A this point I must say that I'd use 2 laptops (or 1 PC for Delta devices)
Another thing I noticed is that it is not possible to press play via midi for imported file(s). Am I wrong? An idea could be to activate via midi an audio file imported and selected in the scenes (as desired).
A practical exemple: If I have some audio tacks which are used for music shows and I copy the same files in Magic Music Visuals (in the dedicated computer) and if I am able to address those single files to single scenes, and overall syncronize the start (play) in a LAN (rtpmidi and bonjour are working well in MMV, I tested) via midi could be an idea avoiding at least 1 channel to be connected for visuals (the other inputs could be LIVE intruments, voice etc.). I aslo tested "monitor" function for this purpose but let say I have to open a program and copy all files there (Ableton for instance) while something like this should be done in the midi/audio window directly in MMV. Maybe.
THANKS A LOT FOR PATIENCE and COMPLIMENTS (a very nice idea program!)

Kind Rgds
Renzo Fanutti
ITALY
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Audio issues

Post by Magic »

Hi Renzo, you are right! It looks like there is a new bug that prevents ASIO from working properly when there is more than one ASIO device installed on the system. I'll fix this for the next version.

Currently the audio file playback can't be controlled via MIDI, but we are planning on adding that feature soon :).

Eric
renzyfan

Post by renzyfan »

Hi Eric, thanks for reply...happy to know about new features you are developing and hope that the asio limitation will be solved too... I'll wait for new release, do you have any idea of when will be available a beta or new release? I really thanks you a lot Eric! Keep in contact... ;)
Hi
Renzo
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

This should be fixed in version 1.43 :).
Eric