Previous topicNext topic

VDMX ISF FILTER COLLECTION

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
bareimage

VDMX ISF FILTER COLLECTION

Post by bareimage »

Hello Everyone:

I am in love with Magic Visuals, it is a pretty awesome software. Node based real time visual composition environment that allows advanced image processing. Since the software new, it does not have a lot of modules available for creating stunning visuals. It was good move on Magic team to embed ISF architecture.

As many of you know ISF is an open source frame work who's development was spearheaded by a company VIDVOX makers of VDMX. Part of their generators and Filters have been converted from Quartz Composer to ISF environment. I have tested the filters in Magic if they work. They do work, and they even work in Windows!

With the permission of VidVox team I am sharing the open source filters. Some of the filters were slightly modified by me, or other people from http://www.interactiveshaderformat.com crowd.

Please enjoy them, and consider purchase of VDMX as well. Magic and VDMX is a match made in haven. I currently use VDMX for control surface / timeline and forward data to Magic to create Visuals. For installation instructions of ISF filters please see the forum thread or Magic Documentation

Here is the link to file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B81g8N ... sp=sharing
Magic
Site Admin

Re: VDMX ISF FILTER COLLECTION

Post by Magic »

Thanks! It's nice of you to post that. Most of those effects have been available on Vidvox's ISF blog page (http://vdmx.vidvox.net/blog/isf), but yours is conveniently organized into subfolders, which is very helpful because Magic builds its menus based on the subfolder structure. So I will recommend your download to anyone who's interested :).
bareimage

Post by bareimage »

Thank you Eric, there are some there that I have been working with, modifying them. I also wanted to organize them in the same manner as it was done in VDMX.

I have one request, future request actually. Some heavy GLSL, ISF filters (especially large scenes) are rendering better at different resolutions then Rendering window. Would it be possible to set include rendering of ISF filters Module to different resolution, then main window?

I think Isadora Quartz Composer pipeline is good example of it.

thanks a lot
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

You can use the Resolution module for that (Add > Effects2D > Resolution) :).
bareimage

Post by bareimage »

Supper! It worked. I am sorry I was under impression that it just changes the resolution of video stream. In reality it actually changes the rendering context. On the output I do not need to turn it back to 1080p correct?
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Correct, you don't need to turn it back. The output of the Resolution module is always the full resolution of the project. Only the inputs are affected.
TanookiMonk

Post by TanookiMonk »

This is some amazing stuff ! Thank to a lot !
bareimage

Post by bareimage »

You are welcome :)

Altho I just organized ISF filters based on the requirements of Magic. There are some modified ISF Generators, that I have been working with for my stuff. I am currently working on modification of some shaders from Shader Toy, should be interesting.

One good place for people to get into ISF Shader is http://interactiveshaderformat.com. I have created few modifications of their filters. Also good place to develop shaders in unusual environment is GEN subset of Max Msp. I want to convert my old GEN patches to ISF, which is apparently now possible!
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

In case anyone is interested in a quick reference for what the ISF effects look like, blackdot had compiled a very nice pdf which has screenshots of all the effects in action (at least the ones that were available earlier this year). Check it out in this post: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=378&start=10#p1705
SpaceTraveller

Post by SpaceTraveller »

bareimage wrote:Hello Everyone:

I am in love with Magic Visuals, it is a pretty awesome software. Node based real time visual composition environment that allows advanced image processing. Since the software new, it does not have a lot of modules available for creating stunning visuals. It was good move on Magic team to embed ISF architecture.

As many of you know ISF is an open source frame work who's development was spearheaded by a company VIDVOX makers of VDMX. Part of their generators and Filters have been converted from Quartz Composer to ISF environment. I have tested the filters in Magic if they work. They do work, and they even work in Windows!

With the permission of VidVox team I am sharing the open source filters. Some of the filters were slightly modified by me, or other people from http://www.interactiveshaderformat.com crowd.

Please enjoy them, and consider purchase of VDMX as well. Magic and VDMX is a match made in haven. I currently use VDMX for control surface / timeline and forward data to Magic to create Visuals. For installation instructions of ISF filters please see the forum thread or Magic Documentation

Here is the link to file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B81g8N ... sp=sharing

Pity VDMX is only for Mac...
Minimum System Requirements
Mac computer with an Intel processor
Mac OS X 10.11 or later