Previous topicNext topic

Windows not shown...

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
Trygve

Windows not shown...

Post by Trygve »

Hi all ! I'm new here and just installed the program the other day...When I watched this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0SWRRKjeww
I cannot figure out how to have that window in the left side of the screen....Any tip? :geek:

There is not many tutorials about this software on youtube as far as I can see, so if anyone have other tutorials to share, I will be very happy... Also if there is a sharing community for the scenes seen in some of the youtube videos....like the trumpet and symphony note visualization for instance... Is it possible to add any image in that scene? What I was thinking was how awesome it would be if note name and/or finger setting for different instrument could be activated by the sounds frequencies....Think u guys understand what i mean... The use in music videos for musical education and practise would be so awesome...Imagine the chord of the song coming up as part of the visualization.... :o :o :o :o

BTW, so far from what I have seen and done with this software never stop to amaze me and trill me..... :D
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Windows not shown...

Post by Magic »

Hi all ! I'm new here and just installed the program the other day...When I watched this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0SWRRKjeww
I cannot figure out how to have that window in the left side of the screen....Any tip? :geek:
Hmm, do you mean the Playlist Window? That would be in the main menu, under Window > Playlist Window. You can go to https://magicmusicvisuals.com/downloads ... listWindow for more information.
There is not many tutorials about this software on youtube as far as I can see, so if anyone have other tutorials to share, I will be very happy..
Yeah, there are only a couple video tutorials right now, but we are planning on adding more. You can always look at the User's Guide though (see above link).
Also if there is a sharing community for the scenes seen in some of the youtube videos....like the trumpet and symphony note visualization for instance...
People tend to be protective over their projects :). But there are lots of example projects included with Magic. If you go to Help > Open Sample Project you can browse through them. The trumpet visualization is based on the ScrollingPitchTracker project.
What I was thinking was how awesome it would be if note name and/or finger setting for different instrument could be activated by the sounds frequencies....Think u guys understand what i mean... The use in music videos for musical education and practise would be so awesome...Imagine the chord of the song coming up as part of the visualization.... :o :o :o :o
Unfortunately, Magic doesn't currently support polyphonic pitch detection (more than one note at a time), so you can't detect chords in audio. But you could use MIDI if you wanted to display chords as they are played on a keyboard -- see the MIDIPiano sample project for an example of this.
Trygve

Re: Windows not shown...

Post by Trygve »

Thank u very much for quick answer... I was mistaken about that window, but start to figure out more by the days.... I have problem with my Midi drivers, but work on it and looking forward to test it out..... :roll: