Previous topicNext topic

Support for live video input via Matrox MXO2?

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
giantmecha

Support for live video input via Matrox MXO2?

Post by giantmecha »

Hi all -

I'd like to run a live video feed into Magic via my Matrox MXO2 Mini capture card, and was wondering if there's any way to do this? It seems to show up for me in Magic, but there's no video...

Thanks,
Evan
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Support for live video input via Matrox MXO2?

Post by Magic »

Hmm, are you running the 64-bit version of Magic? It's possible that your capture card only has a 32-bit driver. You might want to try the 32-bit version of Magic.

Also is this for OS X or Windows?
giantmecha

Post by giantmecha »

Thanks for the speedy reply. I'm on a Mac, and just tried the 32-bit version with no luck. The Matrox shows up on the sources list for VidCap, but I don't seem to get an image...
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Ok. After a bit of searching, I think the issue is that Matrox hasn't released AVFoundation-compatible drivers.

I found this link though: http://support.sportstec.com/hc/en-us/a ... ns-Capture. You might want to see if it fixes the issue.

As a bit of background, AVFoundation (https://developer.apple.com/av-foundation/) contains the newest Mac capture technology, introduced in 2011 with OS X 10.7. Some older Mac capture devices/drivers still rely on QuickTime, which is now deprecated. One of the problems with QuickTime is that it isn't fully 64-bit compatible.

Since Magic has a 64-bit version, I've been hesitant to go back and support old technologies which won't be around much longer. Unfortunately this means some capture devices won't work until updated drivers are released.