Previous topicNext topic

Screen goes black on exiting fullscreen mode

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
margatemartin

Screen goes black on exiting fullscreen mode

Post by margatemartin »

Hi, I'm using 64-bit Magic 1.6 on Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1. My processor is an AMD E-450 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.65 GHz. I have 4.00 GB of RAM. When I exit the fullscreen Magic window my screen goes completely black rather than returning me to the normal windowed working environment. The only way I can get back is ctrl-alt-delete, bring up task manager, then click on cancel. I've tried changing the resolution of the window, and even (something I found on another thread that worked for someone with a similar problem) sending the editors to the back. No luck so far, can anyone help, please?
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Screen goes black on exiting fullscreen mode

Post by Magic »

Thanks, does this happen every time you exit fullscreen mode? Or just sometimes?
margatemartin

Post by margatemartin »

It happens every time.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Ok, I think I'm going to send you a private message with a link to a fix that might work. Also it might be worth updating your graphics driver to the latest version (just to be sure).
TeaFlow

Post by TeaFlow »

Hello!
I am having the same problem. Also, I have just discovered that my scenes are not loading correctly at all anymore. On some the kaleidoscope stops registering and on others I am getting a completely black screen. This doesn't happen every time I load the program, but frequently it does and I can not tell what is causing it to either work or not work. It seems that it is mainly the star field and the gls shaders that are affected. It may be that I have reached a max number of scenes that my computer can handle in one project? Please help! my computer is a laptop running windows 8: 64 bit. 12 gb of ram video: amd a10 2.10 gzh
Many thanks, I love the program and have invested so much time into my projects that the smallest bugs are really a bummer.

Tucker
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Thanks Tucker. I believe we've resolved the black screen issue, and I will send you a build to test. Several users reported that the problem went away.

As for the other issue, it sounds like you might be running out of video memory (VRAM). So it could definitely be related to the number of scenes in your project. Hard to say though. What version of Magic are you running? Did the problems start when you upgraded to a new version?