Previous topicNext topic

Multiple audio inputs

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
mullebulle91

Multiple audio inputs

Post by mullebulle91 »

Hello!
I am, together with a team, making an art installation in which we plan to make an interactive visual orchestra with instruments and general objects that make sounds. The idea is to have a bunch of instruments and mics connected to an external sound card, then to a computer, and within a software "convert" the sound into live visuals that is projected onto a projector screen so that people can sort of talk with the instruments.
I am a novice user of Magic and know that it is possible to assign different audio inputs/outputs(?) from different software sources to each visual that exists within the node network that you create. My question is if it is possible to use an external sound card with multiple input channels and stream them live through a laptop with Magic so that Magic then can separate the signals and apply them to each visual. And then combine all of the visuals into a sort of psychadelic orchestra. :?:

We have a sound technician on board so that side of the issue is no problem. It's inside Magic that I need to know if it is possible to do the idea. I have made an illustration of the problem so that you maybe understand the situation better.

I need to know if it's a no go or if it's possible.. Please helpppppp!!! <3

Cheers! // Samuel
Attachments
Illustration of the problem
Illustration of the problem
Magic problem illustration.png (19.09 KiB) Viewed 3078 times
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Multiple audio inputs

Post by Magic »

Hi Samuel, that is definitely possible. In fact it is one of the main features of Magic :).

If you have an external sound card with multiple inputs, it will show up in the Audio/MIDI window like this:

Then you can use any of those inputs in any of your scenes. Have a look at this section of the User's Guide for more info: https://magicmusicvisuals.com/downloads ... nputWindow

Let me know if it helps.