Previous topicNext topic

Mixing

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
kopfwurm

Mixing

Post by kopfwurm »

Hi,

i am a DJ/VJ and i would like to mix the Clips / Scenes manualy together with my Controller. Is there any fading / Crossfading Funktion for scenes exept the Auto Mode?
It would be also nice, to put different keyer on the scenes.
May anybody help me, please?

Regards

Joerg
blackdot

Re: Mixing

Post by blackdot »

you can do that via the playlist window. there you can add the scenes and set it either to auto-advance or define a button on your midi controller to go next/previous. you also have some fade options for each scene.

https://magicmusicvisuals.com/downloads ... listWindow
kopfwurm

Post by kopfwurm »

Thanks.
My sences are mapped on a maschine controller, wenn i push it, it starts.
But I want to play the sences in the same time, like 4 Scenes, with different keyer or sizes to mix it together. I know this funktion from other VJ Soft, but i can not find it.

Regards Joerg
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

I think what you want to do is just set the visibility for one or more scenes?

In version 1.6, which will be released tomorrow, this is actually really easy. There is a new Transparency module:
transparency.png
transparency.png (64.76 KiB) Viewed 4194 times
In this example, if you have faders on your MIDI device linked to notes 10-13, you can control which scenes are visible, and fade them in and out.

Or, if you want to do it the old way (which requires more steps, but is actually more efficient), you can use the ColorHSB module:
color.png
color.png (33.25 KiB) Viewed 4194 times
Using just the Alpha parameter will give you an additive blend, and using the Brightness parameter also will give you a traditional fade.

If you want to get more fancy with keying, there is also the LumaKey module, and there is a new ChromaKey module in 1.6.

Or, you could have fun with Rotating, Translating, or Scaling the scenes to control their visibility.

So, there are many ways to do it :).

Does that help?
kopfwurm

Post by kopfwurm »

Eric, you made my day!

Thanks so much.

Joerg