Previous topicNext topic

blend module

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
skarabee

blend module

Post by skarabee »

Hi everyone at Magic
After 15 days of demo, I'm about to purchase a full license for Magic. This program is exactly was I was looking for. Being a musician for 20 years and using midi on stage, with various triggers (keyboards, drumpads, guitar). I also plan to use it with separate stems made by a little cool music app called Caustic for some music/video files.

However, I have a little problem with the "blend" module. It shows only a white fill, whatever input and mode I use. I tested on both 32 and 64 bits versions. , I've changed the resolution, I've tried Ctrl/Shift/C to clean the memory, but no luck...

My config: Toshiba Stellite core i5, Win 7 64b, GEforce GT520M, directX11.

Thank you and see you soon.
Sadler

Re: blend module

Post by Sadler »

Not exact same spec but I tried a Dell Vostro Core i5, Win 10 64bit, GT 525M. This has dual GPU both with DX11.

Tested blend on both integrated and discrete with multiple media and saw no issues. Perhaps try another application with GPU blend modes?
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Among other things, a white window can mean there isn't enough graphics memory available to render the module.

In your Window > Magic Window Options menu, is the item "Show Free Graphics Memory" selectable? If so, can you try enabling it? Then it will show how much memory you have in the bottom-left corner of the Magic Window, next to the frame rate. Let me know what it says, if possible.

Also, can you go to Help > OpenGL Info, and copy and paste the first four lines?
skarabee

Post by skarabee »

Thank you for the reply. I made a screenshot for OpenGL info and the main window with status line.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-kDz0 ... 20info.jpg
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-gc5l ... eencap.jpg
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Thanks. It does seem like your graphics card should be able to handle it easily.

Are any other modules not working for you? Or is it just the Blend module?
skarabee

Post by skarabee »

all other modules are working fine except the ISF "color replacement" (black fill).
skarabee

Post by skarabee »

Problem solved! I have updated the graphic card drivers. Should have tried this before...
Go for the license!