Previous topicNext topic

Wireless midi controller

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
walmartian

Wireless midi controller

Post by walmartian »

Just picked up three of these for $30 each!! ($32 w/shipping) They normally sell for $99-$149.
Fun little wireless controller with accelerometer. Feels solid and has rechargeable battery.
A new midi controller for under $35 is awesome. :shock:
orbit.jpg
orbit.jpg (15.31 KiB) Viewed 4863 times
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BF82I9W/ref ... ords=orbit
blackdot

Re: Wireless midi controller

Post by blackdot »

looks interesting. can you actually use the motion sensors for stuff with magic?
walmartian

Post by walmartian »

Of course! It has two shoulder buttons that enable the accelerometer while pressed. Left button is x-axis right is y-axis. Each axis sends unique cc data. Also has 4 presets, therefore you can control 8 unique parameters. The pad lights give you feedback on device angle. Basically it is a class compliant midi controller, that is re-mappable.
Essentially 64 pads, 4 knobs, and 8 accelerometer controls to do as you please.
And if that isn't enough it has a belt-holder so you can rock it as a belt buckle :? :lol:
blackdot

Post by blackdot »

that's pretty cool. imagine even if you'd do visuals for a drummer, and he would have accelometers on his hands and you could use that to influence visuals in addition to the sounds he makes. :o
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

A new midi controller for under $35 is awesome. :shock:
Thanks for the tip! I couldn't resist ordering one of these myself -- and it arrived today. Feels really good in the hands, nice construction. I haven't looked at its MIDI mapping software yet, but all the pre-programmed buttons/knobs/accelerometers work with Magic right out of the box.
walmartian

Post by walmartian »

Awesome! :D Yeah, it works great with Magic, I love the ability to custom map and customize colors.
And like you said it's solidly built. Kind of interesting that the software is made in max/msp.