Previous topicNext topic

Retain master scene applying effects from other scenes

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
Sintek

Retain master scene applying effects from other scenes

Post by Sintek »

Hello there, I don't even know if the object is correct. Anyway, feel free to change its name.
I probably miss to set up a project to obtain what I want and now its driving me crazy so, again, feel free to recommend me how to correctly arrange the project.
Basically a multi color laser strobe video with a masked text at the center and a glitch effect: nothing less, nothing more, as you can see in the images below.
Master MASK LASERS
Master MASK LASERS
Schermata 2023-03-11 alle 10.43.27.png (87.91 KiB) Viewed 6473 times
GLITCH
GLITCH
Schermata 2023-03-11 alle 10.43.41.png (86.38 KiB) Viewed 6473 times
LASERS
LASERS
Schermata 2023-03-11 alle 10.43.58.png (233.54 KiB) Viewed 6473 times
What I'm trying to achieve is to have Playback control over the Color RGB modules in the LASERS scene, so they can auto-switch between them (ColorRGB 1 on, ColorRGB 2 on, Color RGB 1 and 2 on or both off) without have to duplicate the LASERS scene and add them to different inputs in the master MASK LASERS scene (for the CPU's sake). I know I can certainly do that using SceneInput modules or Post-processing scene (or maybe Iterator?) but I'm in trouble where and how put them correctly.

I repeat, 100% I started with a bad layout of the modules and connections.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Have a nice day!
Sadler

Re: Retain master scene applying effects from other scenes

Post by Sadler »

I would swap out the Invert at the end of your LASER scene and replace it with an InputSelector.

Something like this...
Screenshot 2023-03-11 121529.jpg
Screenshot 2023-03-11 121529.jpg (86.85 KiB) Viewed 6467 times
Sintek

Post by Sintek »

Sadler wrote:I would swap out the Invert at the end of your LASER scene and replace it with an InputSelector.

Something like this...
Screenshot 2023-03-11 121529.jpg
Amazing!!!! Thank you Sadler. With random function too works perfectly!!
Sintek

Post by Sintek »

Back again with a similar request: trying to make InputSelector change in seconds it's input value between two (or more) inputs. For example input 0 then after 2 sec. input 1 and then, after 2 more seconds, back to input 0. If there's not a way, how to achieve that with an expression or formula? Thanks in advance!
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

An Increase modifier will get to 1 in 1 second. If you set the Increase to 1/2 it will get to 1 in 2 seconds, 1/3 in 3 sec etc. It will continue reaching subsequent seconds at the same rate. To wrap around use the Wrap modifier set to the number of inputs. To stop use the Clamp.
Sintek

Post by Sintek »

Sadler wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:46 pm An Increase modifier will get to 1 in 1 second. If you set the Increase to 1/2 it will get to 1 in 2 seconds, 1/3 in 3 sec etc. It will continue reaching subsequent seconds at the same rate. To wrap around use the Wrap modifier set to the number of inputs. To stop use the Clamp.
Hi Sadler, thank you for your quick response as usual. I found more helpful using only the SCALE modifier before the WRAP: now I can make fine adjustments according to BPM. It works great!!! Have a nice day.