Previous topicNext topic

Capture Device AV to USB not working

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
DavidAJfilms

Capture Device AV to USB not working

Post by DavidAJfilms »

Hi! I wanted to use this tiny camcorder in Magic but it won't work. The capture device works since I can use this same setup in OBS or Resolume, but I can't figure out what's happening here or how to solve it.
VideoCapture module not working properly
VideoCapture module not working properly
CamcoderMagic.jpeg (193.77 KiB) Viewed 12731 times

Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance!
Terry Payman

Re: Capture Device AV to USB not working

Post by Terry Payman »

Good informative photo. The captured video isn't synchronised, which I haven't seen before on any of my capture devices.

I suspect that there are options for your capture device that Magic is not intialising when you use the simple VideoCapture module. I have seen that before.

I suggest that you try the VideoCaptureDS module, which enables much greater control of a capture device via its DirectShow interface. If the capture device offers specific resolutions then one of these can be chosen using the Size dropdown box.

If the capture device offers only a range for resolution then only the maximum resolution is show in the SIze list ((for the capture devices I've tried).
In that case the desired resolution has to be entered explicity in the Opts box. You could try -video_size 768x576 (for PAL) or -video_size 720x480 (for NTSC), depending on your camera's standard.

For advanced contol of capture its occasionally useful to have -show_video_device_dialog true in the Opts string. Then the capture device's Properties window will open as the project starts (or if you use the Stop All & Start This buttons in succession).

Let us know how you progress with this!
DavidAJfilms

Post by DavidAJfilms »

Many thanks for the quick response!
I can't find the module since I'm running MMV on a Mac.
Is there any other option to solve this??
Thanks!
Terry Payman

Post by Terry Payman »

Ah, sorry, I only have Windows and can't help with Mac-specific issues.
korbv

Post by korbv »

@DavidAJfilms
Have you found a solution, because I facing the the sane issue with all devices
DavidAJfilms

Post by DavidAJfilms »

I couldn't find a solution in magic.
I am using the same device as an input for Synesthesia's software and then syphon it out to magic. I tried the same in OBS but virtual cam didn't showed in magic as a videodevice.

Hope it works for you