Previous topicNext topic

Trouble playing back Audio files loaded into the Player

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
kevinkossi

Trouble playing back Audio files loaded into the Player

Post by kevinkossi »

Hi,

I am having trouble playing back Audio files that are loaded into the Player, it works sometimes and most others, not

I have tried Mono files (filename.wav 0) and stereo files with 0 and 1.

I have the audio file assigned to a source channel, say 2, and say the Polygone patched through the Scale patched to the Magic Window.

I have the Main Source as my Universal Audio DAC

When I hit play in the Player, there is no audio output, and the audio player progress bar does not move. But if I switch the source channel 2 from the audio file to the Universal Audio output 2 and play something on Itunes or Audition, I get Polygone movement.

Magic's inputs seem to either work with the Audio File or the DAC output and has trouble switching from one to the other; either one works or the other. I am not sure what is triggering it to favor one over the other and lock out the other.

If I create a new project, sometimes the audio files will work, and other times when I create a new project, the DAC output or system audio will work.

I also tried loading the audio track into the memory, but that did not work.

I have tried reinstalling, and that did not change anything.

Thanks,
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Trouble playing back Audio files loaded into the Player

Post by Magic »

There are some known issues with certain external sound cards.

Does everything work normally with the internal sound?
kevinkossi

Post by kevinkossi »

There are times the sound will play on, say; Display Audio or Universal Audio. For instance, now all I can get the Polygon to react to is the audio files I load into the Player, I can't get any of the other sound outputs to control the Polygon.

If I create a new project and build a Polyeygon reacting to sound, sometimes I can get it to respond to the DAC or Display Audio's sound output, and sometimes it will only respond to the Audio loaded into the Player.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Sorry, is this for Mac or PC?
djex

Post by djex »

Not sure what they changed in the latest version,
I work mostly with audio software and don't have any issues with my sound card but the latest version has this problem.
I had to download the previous version, maybe you could try that, it's a shame.