Previous topicNext topic

Filter Source To Create Freq. Band Waveforms

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
teaj

Filter Source To Create Freq. Band Waveforms

Post by teaj »

Hello, relatively new user here, I've learnt a lot and enjoying getting creative with Magic's functions.

Currently I am trying to display 4 different waveforms based on different frequency ranges of my source audio.

Similar to how module parameters can be linked to / effected by different frequency ranges. I was hoping I could do this within Magic.

I've had a search but the only slightly similar topic suggest it's not possible, in which case I guess I could filter the audio externally and bring in 4 different audio sources to achieve what I'm aiming for.

Is that correct or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Sadler

Re: Filter Source To Create Freq. Band Waveforms

Post by Sadler »

Hi, the AudioToImage module can be filtered graphically with masks and blurs etc. to single out frequencies. You just need to find something to plug it in to.
Screenshot 2022-10-25 125641.png
Screenshot 2022-10-25 125641.png (43.17 KiB) Viewed 3524 times
The Waveform and Spectrum modules are more limited but still very useful and simple to use. The waveform can be scaled by quite a large amount without pixilation and different parts moved to display in the output.

There are many techniques for interesting waveform effects. Experiment.
teaj

Re: Filter Source To Create Freq. Band Waveforms

Post by teaj »

Thanks!

I've had a play, could you tell me where you get the 'Audio_Waveform_Visu..' module from?

Cheers