Previous topicNext topic

Does anyone use this with OBS

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
eu4icmusic

Does anyone use this with OBS

Post by eu4icmusic »

I would like to broadcast my magic visuals, while making them react to the audio in a video. I use OBS a lot but I still haven't found the best way to do that. Or at least, to get the visuals to react to the audio of the video, while the video is playing, ideally as a video source in OBS.
Sadler

Re: Does anyone use this with OBS

Post by Sadler »

OBS supports spout/syphon and NDI with plugins. Magic outputs to spout/syphon natively and NDI with plugin (PC only).
LonConDon

Post by LonConDon »

Yes, I use VoiceMeeter to route audio into Magic and OBS. Then I fullscreen Magic on an empty display for OBS to capture. If you don't have a separate display for Magic, you can grab a ghost HDMI plug from Amazon. They're quite cheap.
eu4icmusic

Post by eu4icmusic »

@loncondon Very interesting, so can you choose the dummy HDMI as a source under Display Capture in OBS?
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

I strongly recommend that you use Spout (Windows) or Syphon (macOS) to connect to OBS. It's much more efficient than generic screen capture.
LonConDon

Post by LonConDon »

Magic wrote:I strongly recommend that you use Spout (Windows) or Syphon (macOS) to connect to OBS. It's much more efficient than generic screen capture.
This got me thinking about my setup. My capture card stuttered when I used NDI out or Double Buffering, so Display Capture was my workaround. I always thought NDI was like an updated version of Spout, but after trying it does work better with the OBS Spout2 plugin. CPU usage on OBS went from ~6% to ~4%. I think my capture card just doesn't like Magic locking the framerate as NDI/DB does and Spout doesn't. Thanks :)