Previous topicNext topic

Contextual Hotkeys?

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
gxechidna

Contextual Hotkeys?

Post by gxechidna »

Good local time zone to all. I'm trying the software out for Twitch music streams, and have lots of folders of lots of background videos that I intend to swap between. (So like, Song A shuffles videos from Folder A, and when I switch to Song B, I'll switch over to Folder B).

Most effective way to manage it I could come up with on my own is connecting each folder to an Input Selector defined by a global "Video Playlist" value, and then changing that value.

Is there any solid way for me to hotkey a value into that global? Preferably something I can run from a Stream Deck?
I'm also open to alternate ways to manage the video folder swapping that I may not yet be aware of (though I have basically no experience with MIDI or OSC).

Thank you!
Sadler

Re: Contextual Hotkeys?

Post by Sadler »

The playlist has keyboard hotkeys for next and previous. You can just use the playlist directly or the internal global value of the playlist, "Playlist Entry #" in modules.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

MIDI or OSC would really be the best. That way you could map each folder to a button (virtual or physical).

The cheapest way to get started would be to get TouchOSC for your phone or tablet.

If you want physical buttons then you could get any MIDI device that has a bunch of buttons.
gxechidna

Post by gxechidna »

Thank you for the suggestions! While the playlist won't necessarily do what I need (I'll be using one scene to hold all video sources, and then pumping that into other scenes that will apply different video effects), I have been able to find some Stream Deck MIDI controls that I should be able to rig together with Magic.