Previous topicNext topic

Audio input not working

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
glitchpudding

Audio input not working

Post by glitchpudding »

I've used Magic for years and have never encountered this problem before. My input sources aren't receiving audio, or at least, the audio isn't making it to the feature I'm trying to animate. I'm able to hear the audio and I'm able to select it in the input sources section.

I've tried closing the audio device. I've tried rebooting. I've tried creating a new Magic project from scratch. The levels are loud enough. Nothing seems to work.

I'm running MacOS 12.5 and haven't updated anything there recently. I'm using a Yamaha MG10XU which doesn't require any sort of 3rd party loopback utilities. Any thoughts?
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Audio input not working

Post by Magic »

It would be helpful if you could post some screenshots of your project including the Input Sources window.
glitchpudding

Post by glitchpudding »

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/HWRs0ID

I suspect Magic might not actually be the source of the problem, but I wonder if there's anywhere I can go spelunking to figure out what might be going on.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

That looks fine to me. Does your sound card have a separate control panel app?

Also have you tried a simpler module such as Waveform or Spectrum?
djex

Post by djex »

Has something changed in this?
I downloaded the latest FULL version 2.31 ad it is not working,
I.m opening a project that was working previously and using the same sound card as before.
something I know is that it worked last time I used it with 2.22,
and that if I use ASIOALLV2 as input device it kinda works but no sound and the time is messed.

Where can T download previous versions?
I tried the link from the time I bought the full version and it is not working.
Please help.
pyc

Post by pyc »

Same problem here. M1 Max on Monterey and also on Ventura, can just play files, no live audio device can be monitored. Please help if you found the solution.
onyx

Post by onyx »

I'm also having this problem...the audio interface is not working. I can trigger it with an audio file. Hugely disappointed in this because I want live visuals for my Ableton Live Set. I have a Focusrite 18i20. I know this interface quite well. Really have no idea what's going on.