Previous topicNext topic

Not All Scenes Show in Exported MP4

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
jsteve100

Not All Scenes Show in Exported MP4

Post by jsteve100 »

I just loaded the Magic Visualizer tool and tried to make my first video. I started with the multi-scene example project and did the following:
* Added my MP3 audio file as input
* Enabled 7 of the 18 scenes to play in the Play List
* Adjusted the scene lengths to match the audio file duration.
* Test played the music file and the Play List on Auto Play and everything likes good on the Magic display.

Then I went to try to Export this to an MP4 file.
* I set the video resolution to HD.
* I set the export duration to match the audio file duration.
* I selected to use the Play List.
* I hit Go and the MP4 rendering appeared to go just fine, with the Play List showing the sequence of scenes being used.

But when I play the MP4 file back on a video player, some of the 7 scenes don't show at all and the ones that do don't seem to be reacting to the music. The music is being properly played by the MP4.

Why are some scenes recording but not others?
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Not All Scenes Show in Exported MP4

Post by Magic »

Did you set your input source to use the audio file? Please provide a screenshot of the Input Sources window.
jsteve100

Post by jsteve100 »

I believe I did set the input source to my audio file. Attached is a screen shot of the project.

When I playback the MP4 that is generated by export, the audio plays back fine. But just some of the scenes play. For example, the Slow Fractal scene seems to play OK but not the Color Stars scene and some others.
Attachments
The Input Sources window is shown at lower left.
The Input Sources window is shown at lower left.
Magic Visualizer Tangerine Project.PNG (378.67 KiB) Viewed 2696 times
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

As I suspected, your audio file is being used by Source 2, but I can see that you are still linking to Source 0 and Source 1 in many places. Thus, many of your visuals are still reacting to the microphone, which doesn’t work in an export.
jsteve100

Post by jsteve100 »

OK, everything is now working. It took a few more iterations since some of the functional modules in some of the scenes from the original demo project had the audio input links hidden.

Thanks for the quick responses. I'm now up and running :D