Previous topicNext topic

How do you adjust the input volume for different scenes?

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
Filter22

How do you adjust the input volume for different scenes?

Post by Filter22 »

Hi there

I bought the Performer addition and love it - just what I was after.

I've got 10 songs which have 2 or 3 scenes each and this is all shown as a vertical list in the scene window. All working well. What I wanted to know is what's the best way of adjusting the volume sensitivity of individual scenes? Some of them go pretty wild to a kick drum whilst others don't respond as well.

I don't want to change the audio input as this will mess up my performance.

Is this done using modifiers? I want to try and get all the scenes in my set responding in a similar way to my audio. At the moment I'm having to really crank up the volume on some scenes to achieve the full potential of the visuals?

Many thanks
Sadler

Re: How do you adjust the input volume for different scenes?

Post by Sadler »

To push reactions further use parameter modifiers like scale, power and offset. To attenuate reactions use scale (fractional), clamp etc.

Here's a tutorial that might interest you:

I have the opposite issue - when I've created a cohesive, honed visual set where all the reactions are scaled to preference (to PC audio) the live levels are completely different. Adjusting gain helps a bit but, ultimately, I just hope I get lucky - sometime I do, but mostly I struggle - e.g. bass fx gets swamped or top end is gone. Can be frustrating and is a challenge to deal with but it's just how it is sometimes.
Filter22

Re: How do you adjust the input volume for different scenes?

Post by Filter22 »

Hi

Thank you so much for the reply. Yes I'll give this a go.

that video looks really useful - at the moment a bit above my level but I'm sure I'll get into it!

Many thanks