Previous topicNext topic

Color to 3d models

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
OldNick

Color to 3d models

Post by OldNick »

I have tried obj and stl files. Unless I add a function like Array or Radial Blur, which create a 2d rendition, I cannot get any color onto the model.

Is there a way to do this, please? I found older messages that said "no" but wanted to check if there had been any change since.

Thanks for any advice.

Nick
Sadler

Re: Color to 3d models

Post by Sadler »

From the manual: https://magicmusicvisuals.com/downloads ... tryModules
Colorize Allows the current scene color (from ColorRGB or ColorHSB) to be applied to the model. Otherwise, the model is always displayed using its original colors.

Also, model materials are supported in Magic for several model formats (e.g. OBJ, DAE) which can also be colourised inside Magic.
OldNick

Post by OldNick »

OK. Thanks for that. I will c heck it out.

For me the trouble.e with manuals is knowing what to look for. in the end I like to do what I have in the past: learn stuff and start trying to help others as they learn and ask.

Nick
OldNick

Post by OldNick »

HAH! OK. When I went to the link, I was presented with Depth Test. I tried the demo and saw no color changes. I paged down and saw there should be a colorize button (on a module that has no parameters). Now I feel such a dunce. I had not even seen the Color checker on the Model.

Sorry..

Just BTW, I am trying and succeeding at hundreds of things in Magic. Sorry if I get the odd brain melt.

Nick