Previous topicNext topic

Creating A VU Meter

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
dani72

Creating A VU Meter

Post by dani72 »

For a couple of the tracks I was putting on YT I decided to do a video containing all the main elements of Magic. I included a stereo EQ, stereo waves & a timer. I also made a VU meter of sorts. I created an image resembling a level meter and used scale & translate to have it react to the volume of the music. I then had it mask an image of a colour gradient. See for example:

My question is if there is any way of making sure that the meters are accurate? Sometimes it feels like tracks of the same volume are not getting the same reaction. I'm not very advanced when it comes to Magic and even coming up with what I've done so far was an effort. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sadler

Re: Creating A VU Meter

Post by Sadler »

dani72

Re: Creating A VU Meter

Post by dani72 »

Sadler wrote:Get a second opinion...

https://bartman88.blogspot.com/2016/12/ ... -your.html
Thanks. I tried a couple of VU Meters and it's hard to tell exactly but I'm pretty sure the volume levels are showing too high in Magic. I'll have to see if there's a way to fix that. I suppose I could use offset and reduce the Translate effect but I don't know how accurate that would be either. Maybe it's just impossible to be precise without a dedicated VU Meter.