Previous topicNext topic

Crashing on start

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
jeffovertime

Crashing on start

Post by jeffovertime »

Hi hello! I'm new to using Magic and I was hoping to start creating, but it seems that it crashes when it reaches the [Scanning Modules] phase.

I have...
  • ◈ attempted to limit the number of applications running when starting Magic as much as possible
    ◈ uninstalled and reinstalled Magic
    ◈ tried running in Safe Mode
    ◈ tried running Magic as an Administrator
    ◈ updated my graphics drivers
All yield the same result.

Additional info:
  • ◈ My hardware is demonstrably more powerful than the recommended specs.
    ◈ I'm a streamer that is hoping to use Magic to enhance the visual qualities of my streams.
    ◈ There is no error when it crashes. It just hits the "scanning modules" phase and then exits.
    ◈ I'm using running this on Windows 10
    ◈ It worked when I first purchased it (I did some light experimentation with no plugins), but now crashes every time
If anyone has suggestions as to how to rectify this, I am all ears.
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Crashing on start

Post by Magic »

Deleting the configuration file will usually fix this. See https://magicmusicvisuals.com/forums/vi ... f=2&t=1789 for instructions.
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

First thing I would do would be to check the application log in the event viewer. The next thing would be to temporarily move all plugins etc so that Magic can't find them on startup.
jeffovertime

Post by jeffovertime »

Confirming that deleting my config fixed this! Apologies that I didn't see the linked topic before submitting mine (I promise I searched D:).

Thank you! Looking forward to using Magic once more!