Previous topicNext topic

MIDI files will not load

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
jacob_gingerich

MIDI files will not load

Post by jacob_gingerich »

My Magic Visualizer will not load MIDI files. I cannot select them from the "Add files(s)..." button and when I drag one it i get an error message saying "The following file(s) could not be loaded: (the midi files name)" I know it is not the wrong format because I get this message when I load the sample midi project as well.
I cannot find a solution anywhere and no one else seems to have the same problem. I tried re-installing as well.
I am using Windows 10.
Magic
Site Admin

Re: MIDI files will not load

Post by Magic »

Probably because you need to upgrade to the Performer edition.
Frank_eDrummer

Post by Frank_eDrummer »

I have the same problem. I just upgraded to Performer and it is showing that in the 'About' tab, but I get an error message when trying to load a valid midi file.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Hi Frank, if you post a link to let us download your MIDI file, we can test it here.
Frank_eDrummer

Post by Frank_eDrummer »

Hi, I am not sure how to send the file, but I did try another MIDI file from the internet and it worked. The file I used came from a new Roland FP-30X digital piano. The file plays fine on Windows media player. Are there some restrictions with a MIDI file for Magic? Is here a conversion tool I can use o loan and save the file so it will work? Thanks