Previous topicNext topic

Exporting Lock Projects with Sources?

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
Cowsgomooooooooo

Exporting Lock Projects with Sources?

Post by Cowsgomooooooooo »

Hello, looking to do some simple commissions for visuals for VR DJ performances. I noticed I can password protect, and export. But as far as my sources, such as images, videos, etc. How would they input them into the project, so I can make projects for others to load in and just run along side their playing?
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Exporting Lock Projects with Sources?

Post by Magic »

I think you are looking for the Collect Assets option in the File menu?
Cowsgomooooooooo

I found that. Tried it. Didn't do anything, but one of my videos were 800mb so I wasn't sure if the process was going or not.

But moreso, if I did collect sources, does that somehow embed them into the project? Or would the person loading the password protected project still have input the sources somehow?

A lot of Virtual DJs have asked me to make some visuals, and would comission me. Thus selling more copies of Magic too. Aha! They're very interested in it.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

No, it doesn't embed the assets, and other people would still have access to them.
Cowsgomooooooooo

Would that be a feature request then? Because I don't see how I could potentially export 'Locked' projects for people if they can' timport the assets into the project, unless I give them the password, which defeats the purpose.

Unless there is a solution I'm missing?
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

You can lock the Magic project, but the assets won't be locked. Honestly, I'm pretty sure that no one has ever asked about bundling/locking the assets before.
Cowsgomooooooooo

I don't care to lock the assets. The issue is I don't know how they INPUT the assets, unless I unlock the project for them to manually load the files in.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

I think you’re misunderstanding. If you’re giving them the assets then they won’t have to change anything.
Cowsgomooooooooo

How would the project pull those assets in to the locked for editing project? Just have to be in same folder as project or?
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Wherever they were when you saved the project. Same folder is usually easiest, which is what Collect Assets does.