Previous topicNext topic

Issues with intel Alder Lake and DDR5

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
thenewdreamlord

Issues with intel Alder Lake and DDR5

Post by thenewdreamlord »

Hello,

Recently I purchased the new 12900k CPU from intel and freshly installed windows. since I'm using this as an additional render computer, I bought a new license key.

My issue is that whenever I open magic on this new system is crashes instantly. any idea on how to fix this? could it be that its opening on the E cores and not the P cores? any ideas on how to get it working? could it be an issue with using ddr5?
Sadler

Re: Issues with intel Alder Lake and DDR5

Post by Sadler »

That's a bit of a leap, blaming the CPU and memory. Check the event log, see which module the app is crashing in.
thenewdreamlord

The app fails to launch at all, and there have been issues with other programs launching on the wrong set of cores as well. I’ll check the logs and double check
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

If you can't find anything, let me know and I can get you a version of Magic that has better crash logs.
thenewdreamlord

Right now it won’t even open, it crashes as soon as it launches so I would appreciate the version with better crash logs. Not sure what the issue is, just hope I can get it to work
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Ok, please contact us through our contact page: https://magicmusicvisuals.com/contact