Previous topicNext topic

Missing Links and Assets.... again

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
jameseye

Missing Links and Assets.... again

Post by jameseye »

hi! I found some discussions about this -- but, I cannot find a good solution.
I have my Magic file on my Mac... but, it cant handle the render!
SO, I wanted to move it to my PC.
I decided to use Box (mistake?).
I "collected assets" to an external drive and then copied the assets-folder and the magic file from the external drive over to Box.
Now, of course, when I try to load the magic file (on the PC -- from Box), it complains that it cannot find the various assets -- and it tells me that it is looking on the harddrive path.
I would love to update the path (in the magic file?) to point to the new location of everything (in my case, in Box).
Any ideas/suggestions?
Thanks!
-James
p.s. I dont have a harddrive that can go from Mac to PC (yet!). BUT, if I had done everything above -- but then brought the harddrive over to the PC, would Magic find the assets then? (on the hard drive?).
jameseye

Re: Missing Links and Assets.... again

Post by jameseye »

...Wait, should/could I have just "Merged Assets" into a Box folder? Would that have worked? (When I looked at my Box folder on the Windows machine, could I have then run the magic file from "within" Box, and would it find them then?)
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Missing Links and Assets.... again

Post by Magic »

I’m not sure how well Magic will handle loading a project from a network storage location like that.

The best thing to do is to collect assets on your old computer, then zip the collected folder, then copy the zip to your new computer, then unzip it.