Previous topicNext topic

Multichannel FLAC file

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
Jaymann

Multichannel FLAC file

Post by Jaymann »

Hi,

I am using a multichannel 5.1 FLAC audio as a input source. Channel 1 and 2 work fine but the rest of the channels selected as input do not seem to be produce anything. I know this was working in the DEMO but now trying after I bought the license and reinstalled, there seems to be a problem. I re-checked using a sample project without mods.

Windows Magic Studio v2.31 64-bit

Thanks.
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Multichannel FLAC file

Post by Magic »

Hmm I'm not sure, but there is no difference between the demo and the full version in this regard.

The only way I can test is if you post a link for me to download your FLAC file.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Sorry for the delay. The following FLAC file is 5.1 and is a quadraphonic test tone for surround setup. The tone is played separately in each channel 1, 2, 5, 6 (channel 3 and 4 are skipped). Each tone is played on a single channel for a few seconds then moves on to the next channel.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Terry Payman

Post by Terry Payman »

I had access denied when I tried to download.

"You need access
Ask for access, or switch to an account with access. "
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Please try again. Thanks.
Terry Payman

Post by Terry Payman »

Downloaded OK!
Terry Payman

Post by Terry Payman »

I see the same issue with Magic Performer 2.31 but also with Magic Demo 2.31 (under Windows).
Although all 6 tracks can be selected, Magic only sees signals on tracks Flac 0 & Flac 1.

Audacity shows the FLAC file has signals on tracks 0,1,4 & 5.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Thanks for the confirmation. Perhaps it was not working either the demo as I was also using AsioLink and using a separate FLAC player… I hope this can be resolved.
Terry Payman

Post by Terry Payman »

I'm certain Eric will fix this.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Yes, if it is a bug then I certainly will fix it. But as an easy workaround, you can just load two separate stereo files.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Eric wrote:Yes, if it is a bug then I certainly will fix it. But as an easy workaround, you can just load two separate stereo files.
Update: I verified Magic v2.3 Win64 Demo still does not work with multichannel file playback with channel >2 . I must have been using my live inputs using ASIO Link Pro at the time of evaluating the demo as I was playing with both. What I found today that the Demo does work with my multichannel inputs using ASIO Link Pro multichannel device routing whereas the licensed version v2.31 Win64 does not. One thing I noticed is that when I start DEMO it pops up ASIO Link Pro window where the licensed version does not and I cannot get ALP inputs to work. I did this experiment twice to prove this to myself. So what is the difference between Demo 2.3 and Licensed 2.31? There seems to be something.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Someone mentioned that problem once before but I couldn't find any problems. I will give it another look though.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Hello

Would a prior build work until multichannel file and multichannel input primary use cases I am using are resolved? I am interested in investing time to learn and create with your program ASAP but not without save functionally or at least that these multichannel issues will be resolved soon.

Regards.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

As I said before, using multiple stereo .wav files should solve the problem for you. That is the best workaround, with little or no disadvantage. I don't think a prior build will help you because the last person who mentioned the same problem mentioned it a while ago.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Hi Eric I understand I can take my files, split them and work around the issue for using files. However you may have missed that my previous update outlined that the live inputs are not working either. Demo worked with the live inputs where the licensed did not. This will be my primary use case. Are you not planning on looking into this? Your program I selected because you supported multichannel / multiple inputs vs single stereo input like some other programs.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

In general, live multichannel inputs are working fine. I use them every day and so do many other users. It seems like your issue is specifically with ASIO Link Pro and I really don’t know that software unfortunately, but as I said, I will investigate when I have time.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

What program(s) do people use to monitor multichannel outputs at runtime under windows? Is there another alternative to AsioLinkPro under Windows that people use with Magic? I have 8 channels going out HDMI to a home theater surround sound processor… Thank you.