Previous topicNext topic

Change the value of a parameter from two or more modules?

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
Joe

Change the value of a parameter from two or more modules?

Post by Joe »

I have 20 polygon modules each going through a translation module with different x offsets, same y offset.

I've now duplicated these 20 modules connections and I would like to keep the same x offsets but update all 20 y offsets to a new value. I'd then like to keep doing this until I have filled out my area.

Is there a way to update the value of a parameter across a selection of modules? I'd prefer to not have to update the y offset of each translation module individually!
Screenshot 2021-10-11 at 12.54.11.png
Screenshot 2021-10-11 at 12.54.11.png (162.35 KiB) Viewed 3490 times
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Change the value of a parameter from two or more modules

Post by Magic »

That is exactly what Globals are for, please see the User's Guide: https://magicmusicvisuals.com/downloads ... Parameters
Joe

Post by Joe »

Forgive me, Eric, but how does this help me? Rather than update each module to have a specific value, I’d have to update each module to use a global variable? Maybe I’m missing something obvious here.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

You would have to set up each module to use the same Global, and then you can just change the value of the Global in one place.
Joe

Post by Joe »

Say i have 100 modules using global aGlobalA, and I want 50 of them to now use aGlobalB, is there a streamlined way to do this?
TKS

Post by TKS »

Joe wrote:Say i have 100 modules using global aGlobalA, and I want 50 of them to now use aGlobalB, is there a streamlined way to do this?
Copy those 50, create a new project, paste them there, create aGlobalA (because it's not automatically copied) and rename aGlobalA to aGlobalB.

All modules automatically change the name of the global variable as well.

Copy/paste them into your original project and create aGlobalB there.
Joe

Post by Joe »

Thanks, TKS. I think this option is not open to me while I am still using the demo. But it’s good to know it can be achieved in your inventive way!