Previous topicNext topic

New User with a basic question

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
astrofreq

New User with a basic question

Post by astrofreq »

Hello,

Last night I purchased Magic and can already tell it is an extremely powerful program. I'm having a little trouble with a couple of very basic things. Here's what I'm trying to do. I want to take one of my songs and make a visual to go with it. So... I "ADD FILE" and add the song I want to use, but the PLAY button doesn't allow me to play it. I can export and my song with the visuals are there, but I can't seem to PLAY the song and watch the visuals, make tweaks, etc. In other words, the PLAY button is already 'pressed' but nothing is happening.

What am I doing wrong? This seems like it should be a simple thing I'm missing. Thanks so much for the help.

Daniel
aka ASTROFREQ
Sadler

Re: New User with a basic question

Post by Sadler »

You are right, it should be a simple thing.

Try a different audio file/format? What system are you on? Is mute [M] on? Is the play button pressed when there's no audio file? Can other apps play your music? Magic should output audio to the default audio device - is that configured correctly?
astrofreq

Re: New User with a basic question

Post by astrofreq »

Sorry for the slow reply. I finally got it to work. It was just some weird glitch, I guess. I had to deSelect my UA Audio interface and then reselect it. Nothing else was doing the trick, but that did it.

Thank you.