Previous topicNext topic

NDI Receiver not working with NDI HX cam app

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
hyperoculus

NDI Receiver not working with NDI HX cam app

Post by hyperoculus »

Hi All, I'm using the Android version of the NDI HX cam app -Fully kitted with NDI v5, updated the Magic NDI elements and it works with other NDI sources, I can view the NDI stream via VLC and the NDI Studio manager but does not seem to be viewable in Magic?? - Can see the NDI HX camera in the plugin drop down but the screen is blank. Any thoughts - (Tested with just the NDI Reciever plugin to Magic out)
Sadler

Re: NDI Receiver not working with NDI HX cam app

Post by Sadler »

I just tried the Tallis NDI Hx camera app for Android. It took a little while (about 5-10 seconds) to connect but when it did it was fine - 1080p60.

I know you've paid good money for the NewTek camera but the Tallis camera has some advantages. It has manual WB and other manual controls. It blanks the phone screen (until touched) to save battery. It does have difficulty reconnecting after a setting change but this might be the Magic end - NewTek studio monitor comes back fairly quickly after a setting change.

It seems I have NDI 4.0 installed on my PC.
hyperoculus

Post by hyperoculus »

Sadler wrote:I just tried the Tallis NDI Hx camera app for Android. It took a little while (about 5-10 seconds) to connect but when it did it was fine - 1080p60.

I know you've paid good money for the NewTek camera but the Tallis camera has some advantages. It has manual WB and other manual controls. It blanks the phone screen (until touched) to save battery. It does have difficulty reconnecting after a setting change but this might be the Magic end - NewTek studio monitor comes back fairly quickly after a setting change.

Thanks for the alternative, will take a look but I suspect it might be an issue from the Magic NDI end, but not sure at the mo. I'm able to access the cameras successfully at 1080p & 4k without issue from other apps such as Notch, Lightform etc and go from Notch to Magic via NDI but no joy directly, just to add I've ALL the frame sizes and no joy, wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same issue? Will retry with NDI v4 to rule that out..
hyperoculus

Post by hyperoculus »

Sadler wrote:I just tried the Tallis NDI Hx camera app for Android....

Just rolled back both (thanks Sadler!! for the prompt and recommendation to test the other HX cam app) NDI from 5 to 4 and Magic NDI 1015 to 1012 and all's good with the world, Near zero lag and no issue or delay when changing frame settings on the Newtek HX app.

Seems like I'm having issues with the updated Magic NDI 1015 working with both the Tallis NDI HX cam app (which I quickly tried) and the Newtek NDI HX app. Hope this helps. Wondering if it's isolated or if there's need for a fix for MagicNDI v1015 plugin (Which is awesome!!!) Thankyou Lynn Jarvis
leadedge

Post by leadedge »

It seems that you have it working, so that's a good thing.

Maybe it could be best to stay with what works, but since you mention Version 1013b I should say that the latest release (1015) - https://github.com/leadedge/MagicNDI/re ... tag/v1.015 - is updated for NDI 5.

There is an instruction to copy "NDI\Processing.NDI.Lib.x64.dll" to the folder containing Magic.exe 64bit. This dll was the one supplied for NDI 5 at the time. There's no problem to try it, but it could be out of date now. You can also delete or rename the existing dll file in the Magic.exe folder and install the NDI runtime from : http://new.tk/NDIRedistV5

If there's still a problem, it could be related to the NDI HX driver. I am not sure when this gets installed. They say it's supplied with NDI 5 tools. I looked and can only find the 32 bit version but they might have updated it since.
hyperoculus

Post by hyperoculus »

leadedge wrote:It seems that you have it working, so that's a good thing.

Maybe it could be best to stay with what works, but since you mention Version 1013b I should say that the latest release (1015) - https://github.com/leadedge/MagicNDI/re ... tag/v1.015 - is updated for NDI 5.

There is an instruction to copy "NDI\Processing.NDI.Lib.x64.dll" to the folder containing Magic.exe 64bit. This dll was the one supplied for NDI 5 at the time. There's no problem to try it, but it could be out of date now. You can also delete or rename the existing dll file in the Magic.exe folder and install the NDI runtime from : http://new.tk/NDIRedistV5

If there's still a problem, it could be related to the NDI HX driver. I am not sure when this gets installed. They say it's supplied with NDI 5 tools. I looked and can only find the 32 bit version but they might have updated it since.
My apologies, I misquoted the version I was having issues with, It's version 5 of the NDI (1015) that was proving problamatic - but now I've got it working with 4 and a prior - Will give this a try - Thanks and sorry for the misleading version issues...
leadedge

Post by leadedge »

No problems at all. I suspect that the trouble could be because the module was made with an early build of NDI 5. If I get time I will build again with whatever release there is right now. I can't test with the camera app or the HX driver though.
leadedge

Post by leadedge »

Here's a release updated with NDI SDK 5.0.3

https://github.com/leadedge/MagicNDI/re ... tag/v1.016

I have tested briefly and couldn't find any problems.

As for HX drivers, they are installed with the Tools installation. For testing, the NDI download page refers to "NDI Screen Capture HX", but I don't see it as an installable option. I think it's because I am using an AMD graphics card at the moment. If you have NVIDIA it might show up.
frank_halfwong

Post by frank_halfwong »

I've been trying to find a solution everywhere (i was using NDI5 and the solution for NDI4 didn't work for me). Hoping this will work.

Cheers Mate.

Frank