Previous topicNext topic

Problem with Shape Mask

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
Franco08

Problem with Shape Mask

Post by Franco08 »

Hi everyone, I have a problem creating custom shapes with this module. Can anyone help me? :)
Sadler

Re: Problem with Shape Mask

Post by Sadler »

Use a B&W image with the Mask node.
Franco08

Post by Franco08 »

Thanks, is there a way to do this with the "Polygon" module? :)
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

You can use anything as a mask.
Franco08

Post by Franco08 »

Of course, I explain better what I would like to create: I would like to create images with transparent parts inside in order to export them also in png. :)
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

If you want complete control over transparency use a bitmap editor or vector editor. Magic is not the best tool for this.

In the future, please try to explain more fully the result you're trying to achieve, including more relevant forum post titles. That way we can help you more efficiently and will help others with similar needs.
Franco08

Post by Franco08 »

Sorry I thought it was understood that talking about the "Shape Mask" module that I need just to create "holes" of transparency in the images you would understand. The form is perfect, the problem is that it has only a few forms and not customizable.
Attachments
2021-09-15 13_37_15-Magic - Scene 03.png
2021-09-15 13_37_15-Magic - Scene 03.png (319.23 KiB) Viewed 4771 times
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

As Sadler mentioned in his first reply to you, there is a module simply called "Mask" which lets you mask anything you want. It is infinitely customizable, whereas the "Shape Mask" module is not.
Franco08

Post by Franco08 »

Beautiful but how can I create the same thing as in the image I posted with "Mask" as far as I can see there is no "invert mask"? You can help me? :)
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

To 'subtract' one polygon from another use the Blend(Difference) then use the combined image as a mask. You can invert the mask by using Invert on the image.
Franco08

Post by Franco08 »

I tried both ways and I really like the one with invert, that's just what I wanted to create, if in the future you could create a module for this thing it's better because unfortunately those like me who have not studied for these things are a bit difficult to understand how certain modules work, Thanks for the help and sorry if I didn't explain myself well at the beginning :-)

OT
PS: MMV is really great software, congratulations and please implement new features like 3D or other, don't abandon it. :)