Previous topicNext topic

Midi files not showing up in the source

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
Brian Evans

Midi files not showing up in the source

Post by Brian Evans »

Hi, I bought the Performer' edition. I can add midi files via the Add file(s) button and they show up under the button along with the audio file I am using. They are not showing up in the source box so I can't use them. Only the audio file shows up.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Brian
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Midi files not showing up in the source

Post by Magic »

Can you please post a screenshot of the source drop-down box when it’s open?
Brian Evans

Post by Brian Evans »

bandicam 2021-08-20 10-51-44-882.jpg
bandicam 2021-08-20 10-51-44-882.jpg (71.6 KiB) Viewed 3347 times
Thanks, hope this is OK
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Are you sure you have the Performer edition? You are also missing the OSC input…
Brian Evans

Post by Brian Evans »

The thought I may have purchased the basic version did cross my mind. so I checked. it says on the invoice I have the performer edition and I spent $79.95 so I guess I must have the performer (although at the moment I'm not getting the functionallity) ! What is the OSC input?
thanks
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

The only other thing I can think of is that you must have disabled MIDI/OSC in the main Window menu.
Brian Evans

Post by Brian Evans »

Yes I just came on line to tell you I had indeed had the midi/osc disabled........ I just noticed it.

I managed to work around the problem (before we fixed it) by saving individual tracks from my DAW and importing them into the Magic Visual editor instead of using midi files. However I'll have to import the rendered result into a video editor and delete the sound file and replace it with the original mixdown as the audio files I imported in magic changed the mix. So it's possible to use the cheaper version without midi by using individual audio files. In some cases it's better to work this way as with some midi files just a single note is played and this triggers a sequencer and the sequence won't show up when imported into magic.
Thanks for your help!