Previous topicNext topic

How do you approach a live performance?

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
DavidAJfilms

How do you approach a live performance?

Post by DavidAJfilms »

Hello everyone!

It's my first time posting here, just to get some feedback about how did I managed to make my first live Vj performance, plus getting some advice and learning from you.

My goal using MMV is to create audio reactive live performace with premade scenes, something like improvising from concrete visuals per song, using midi device to trigger and modulate the visuals.

I came from using Resolume to trigger videos, overlay text and make some audio reactive FX, but despite I love the way you manage the live performance, I find MMV a lot freer and with lots of possibilities.

So my workflow for the show was to create different scenes with audioreactive visuals and trigger them using the playlist. As I wanted for some of them to interact, most of the time I crossdisolved them, but as its discused in this forum, by the time you call for a third scene (or the same one for a second time) it would hard cut to it.

So I'm thinking in creating one big scene and blend the opacity between visuals with midi fathers, but just worried if it would be too much for the computer, so I wonder, hoy do you use MMV in a live set situation??

Many thanks in advance!
Magic
Site Admin

Re: How do you approach a live performance?

Post by Magic »

I wouldn't worry if anything might be too much for the computer until it definitely is too much.