Previous topicNext topic

Render Delay - Possibilities?

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
frank_halfwong

Render Delay - Possibilities?

Post by frank_halfwong »

Hi,

I'm yet again asking for a way to convert another visual transformation from OBS into MMV (so far, MMV has proven to be AMAZING at unlocking even more visuals possibilities).

I've been using a 'render delay' scheme in OBS, effectively delaying the rendering of my webcam movements on my greenscreen by multiples of 100ms. That way, i can have similar to a "trail" effect, but the clones of myself aren't rendered continuously, they are separated by a set amount of MS.

I've tried playing around with the "trails" module and created some very cool new visuals effects. But I would also like to recreate the old ones; is there a way to play with the parameters that would enable this? I've checked in the manual and the forms, and there are no mentions of rendering an another component rather putting delays in the options regarding reactiveness to sound. Am I looking for the wrong keywords? (render delay)

here's what the OBS version looks like from a previous set on YouTube.
https://youtu.be/9fbo0efotZw?t=3024

Thanks in advanced for the help!

Cheers,

Frank
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Render Delay - Possibilities?

Post by Magic »

The effect you're looking for is called Micro Buffer.

Try setting the Mode to "Double", then set Buffer 2 to 9.0 (the maximum) and then set the Buffer Lag to your desired delay.
frank_halfwong

Post by frank_halfwong »

You are brilliant Eric! So i must understand only some modules are described in the manual? Any other source or wiki page that has information regarding specifics of each module?

Once again thank you so much!

Frank
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

frank_halfwong wrote:So i must understand only some modules are described in the manual? Any other source or wiki page that has information regarding specifics of each module?
blackdot, a Magic user on here, created several guides to the various shaders that can be used in Magic.

Find that here: https://magicmusicvisuals.com/forums/vi ... ?f=2&t=378
frank_halfwong

Post by frank_halfwong »

Exactly what I was looking for! Thank you so much!

Frank