Previous topicNext topic

Multiple Virtual Audio Cable Inputs

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
Genesis Floods

Multiple Virtual Audio Cable Inputs

Post by Genesis Floods »

Hello, just purchased Magic Performer as it appears to accomplish what I want to do (hope it can!...)

I have 20 Virtual Audio Cables, each has a different audio source sent to the VAC. I can see all of my audio devices in Magic's Input Sources without issue. I have verified sound also passes through to Magic perfectly.

I want to create a Project? or Scene? (not sure which) that has visualizations for each of the 20 VACs. I've searched a bit (usually I'd do more.. but time crunches on this, sorry for being lazy). Is there a way to select multiple Input Sources for a project or scene? Every time I select 1 Input Source and Source0 and Source1, then switch to a different Input Source, it changes.. Is there a way to have multiple Input Sources (20) to show at the same time? Or is there something I need to do to route all 20 VACs to some mixer that will then show 20 sources?

Again, sorry I haven't researched for hours or days (I usually do). Just hoping you'll forgive that and point me in the right direction.

Thank you!
Memorial Day weekend - Thank you for your service any fellow veterans reading this.
Genesis Floods

Re: Multiple Virtual Audio Cable Inputs

Post by Genesis Floods »

Still trying to get the research done on my own.. and maybe on the right track?

Also, I realized I wasn't using the proper terms.

Audio Device vs. Audio Inputs. So, it seems Magic will take 1 device, with all of its inputs, but only 1 device. Is that right?

I did find a post talking about ASIO4ALL, which I've used before. So, I'm installing that and will try to figure out to send all the VACS to the ASIO device. Just letting anybody that might have an answer know which direction I'm heading. I hope I can solve this on my own quickly! But welcome tips or pointers to a resource that's clear.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Yes that's correct. You can only use one device at a time, but that device can have as many inputs as you want. See this post for a screenshot of a device that has 12 inputs: https://magicmusicvisuals.com/forums/vi ... p?f=3&t=10
Genesis Floods

Post by Genesis Floods »

Thank you! Yes, I went over that and tried to use one of the VACs to do this. I have Voicemeeter potato (love it!) with the 1 VAC it comes with, and purchased the additional 4 (A, B, C, and D) and also have VAC by vac.myzychecko.net which has unlimited (theoretical.. up until your system dies lol). (For how inexpensive these products are, totally worth paying them!)

I tried using the basic VAC that comes with VM, but I only see 0 and 1. I have 5 VACs set to "listen to" and device is the set to that basic VAC... I know I'm close, I'm just missing some critical piece. Maybe a VAC can't do it, so I'm going to try to do it through Potato next.. Then hardware devices that I don't use (SB AE-7's "what you hear" module). .. thank you for the quick response, I appreciate it! Even if it's "you're going down the wrong road" :) edit: I don't have a "stereo mix" realtek device, kind of hoping/thinking some of my other devices will suffice
Genesis Floods

Post by Genesis Floods »

Got it! Once I got the ASIO4ALL control panel up and enabled the devices :)

That's actually a bit complicated.. I can imagine someone new to ASIO for VACs and such would have a hard time with this. I'll write up a how-to if you think it would be helpful. That post you linked to certainly got me in the right direction! But I can do a step-by-step if it would be useful.

Now, to figure out how to show each source independently, which I imagine is probably covered in the manual :) So back to that!

Thanks SO MUCH for the help
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-05-29 202155.png
Screenshot 2021-05-29 202155.png (229.53 KiB) Viewed 2316 times