Previous topicNext topic

Change scenes with keyboard input (not midi/osc)

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
kenegi

Change scenes with keyboard input (not midi/osc)

Post by kenegi »

Hello guys,

I'm using Magic to control some visual effects on a llive stream, Everything work as intended when I have only 1 scene.

If I add multiple scenes, I need to iterate between the playlist.
Currently I have 5 scenes, that trigger different effects.

Is there any way to change from scene 1 to scene 3 using just keyboar shortcuts?
I've seen that I could use a MIDI controller or a OSC, but I'm trying to make this change using just the keyboard, is it possible?
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Change scenes with keyboard input (not midi/osc)

Post by Magic »

See the table of keyboard shortcuts (https://magicmusicvisuals.com/downloads ... dShortcuts). There are shortcuts for going forward and backward through the scene tabs, and forward and backward through the playlist.
kenegi

Post by kenegi »

Thanks for the answer!
I did check it, I know that there are keyboard shortcuts to cycle through the previous/next (ctrl + [ or ]) items in playlist, but I'm trying to directly change from scene 1 to scene 3, without passing through scene 2.

I was looking for custom keyboard shortcuts to scenes, so that I could press alt+1 for scene 1 and alt + 3 for scene 3, for example
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

In a future version you will be able to assign custom keyboard keys to control things, but not now unfortunately.
kenegi

Post by kenegi »

That's nice to know! Thanks for the answer!