Previous topicNext topic

Iterator Application Question - Cycle Module Inputs

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
frank_halfwong

Iterator Application Question - Cycle Module Inputs

Post by frank_halfwong »

Hi,

I've checked the manual, a few interesting applications of the iterator and the basic example project in MMV but I still can't figure out if iterators is the way to go for my need:

I have basically a bunch of transformations of my greenscreen/webcam feed that add various layers of stuff on it. Each of these are "possibilities" to show on screen. Now i'm using the playlist feature to cycle through them but I would like to go 1 step further and have them alternative per "copies" of myself (let's say a translated version of me on the right and another one on the left using "horizontal flip" module - each of them would use a different scene).

I was thinking of using the iterator to have each "clone copy" on each side alternative scene as an input. From a playlist perspective, it would be ONE scene, but there are alternative scenes as input modules. Is the iterator the way to go? If so, I cannot get it to get triggered by sound (i've tried adding an oscillator, a step and hold function so it would change in units of 1 for X seconds but without success).

Is what i'm trying to achieve possible using that or i'm going down the wrong solution? for OBS users, this is equivalent to using a "source switcher" within a given scene.

Thanks in advance to this wonderful community!

Cheers,

Frank
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Iterator Application Question - Cycle Module Inputs

Post by Magic »

You want the InputSelector module.
frank_halfwong

Re: Iterator Application Question - Cycle Module Inputs

Post by frank_halfwong »

ok perf! i'll try that out. I'll use the iterator for other stuff (i noticed the sample projects used it in a totally different way).

Thank you so much!

Cheers

Frank