Previous topicNext topic

Can you use magic for live visuals on twitch

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
aethers

Can you use magic for live visuals on twitch

Post by aethers »

I've been watching some streams recently where people have been using really cool screen effects with their twitch streams and im pretty sure that its this program but i have no real idea how to use it with obs aside from the fact it has something to do with the spout plugin. I'd really just like to get some videos or adivce to help explain the process and make cool effects such as these if its possible.

Here's an example of one of the streamers im talking about: https://bit.ly/3o2X7ir
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Can you use magic for live visuals on twitch

Post by Magic »

This user created a good tutorial video about it:

aethers

Post by aethers »

Eric wrote:This user created a good tutorial video about it:

yeah ive watched that video and its a good one. But i was really hoping to find advice about specifically the intricacies of using the software with obs because he does mention how to use it get it to show up with spout and mostly goes through some of the features and what they do but he doesn't give any specific advice about how to actually use it with obs outside of just telling us to use spout to get it to show up. I was hoping to find something a little more targeted to use with obs like in the stream i was talking about because he doesnt say how to actually use the different effects with your stream. And ive tried it out for a couple hours and just cant seem to get it to really work at all
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

The main difference for you is that in the "Composite mode" drop-down box in OBS, you need to select "Premultiplied alpha" or "Default" if you want the video coming from Magic to have a transparent background so that you can layer it on top of your OBS stream.