Previous topicNext topic

Unable to show any output no matter the project

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
russellkim98

Unable to show any output no matter the project

Post by russellkim98 »

Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 6.10.32 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 6.10.32 PM.jpg (186.9 KiB) Viewed 7343 times
I just did a fresh install of Magic 2.3 (Performer) on macOS Big Sur 11.2.3. However, I do not get any output no matter what demo project I choose. The preview window always says "Preview stopped. Right-click to see menu", and the Magic Window always shows a blank black screen. I've attached a screenshot for reference.

The thing is that my audio is working fine, as I can see the volume meters going up and down (and hence my microphone is working well) I've uninstalled and reinstalled Magic several times at this point and there's no difference. What should I try next?
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Unable to show any output no matter the project

Post by Magic »

Uninstalling does not reset the settings because they are stored in a configuration file which remains on your computer. You have to select the Reset All Settings option from the Help menu.
russellkim98

Post by russellkim98 »

Hi, sorry for the late reply. I've tried this several times and still have the same problem. This is weird because this is only a problem that has started for me in the past two months or so - the past two years I've been using magic have not had an effect. Could it be because of the Big Sur update?
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

I don't think it's Big Sur specifically, because we have a computer running Big Sur and Magic runs fine on it. What kind of graphics card do you have?
russellkim98

Post by russellkim98 »

I actually uninstalled it and installed it again, and this time it somehow works! Thank you anyway for your help.
russellkim98

Post by russellkim98 »

Screen Shot 2021-05-25 at 10.21.31 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-25 at 10.21.31 PM.png (75.11 KiB) Viewed 7203 times
Never mind, it's no longer working and has the same issue.

These are my computer specs. Are there any other things I can try?
russellkim98

Post by russellkim98 »

Tinkering with this a little more, it seems that Magic works the first time after I restart my computer, but if I try quitting the program and opening Magic back up again, it ceases to work.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Thanks. Might have something to do with the AMD graphics card.

When you run Magic successfully, and then quit, does the Activity Monitor still show it running?

Maybe the graphics card isn’t being “cleaned up” properly after quitting…
wanjo

Post by wanjo »

russellkim98 wrote:Tinkering with this a little more, it seems that Magic works the first time after I restart my computer, but if I try quitting the program and opening Magic back up again, it ceases to work.
Im having the same issue it seems and im a pretty new amd build yeah ,radeon gigabyte.running newest drivers and evrything. only note is my magic like always freezes in close so cant do this trick i seen people say where you reset all settings in help tab