Previous topicNext topic

video module start

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
mison

video module start

Post by mison »

hello. i couldnt find and answer to my problem but it could be because of poor search skills. i am sorry if this has been answered. my problem is that i wish to use the multimix module to mix 4 different videos of a liveperformance together. the videos seem not to start at the same time but when the mix module start mixing them. they are just a secong or to apart. a fix that i would love would be a time input option in the video module where the playback variable could go or a global variable. thanks for a cool program.
Sadler

Re: video module start

Post by Sadler »

Perhaps not the answer you would like to hear but if you want frame accuracy - and I think that would be best for a 4 camera setup - then use a video editor instead of Magic. You can always add effects and reactivity in Magic afterwards (or before editing).

You can keep video in sync to a certain degree in Magic but, depending on the environment, there's always scope for it to drift. Eric, correct me if I'm wrong.

You can tie the videos to the audio which won't stop drifting but might bring them back together in the right places. This has been covered fairly recently on the forum. https://magicmusicvisuals.com/forums/vi ... ync#p10801
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

I think there is a reasonable way to do this, which is to link the Start Time parameter of each VideoFile module to a Global with an Increase modifier. When each video becomes active in the MultiMix, it will therefore start at the correct time (as long as the Scene Start parameter is enabled, which makes the video start at the Start Time). However, yes, there will still be a tiny amount of drift. It might not be perceptible though. More problematic will be the stutter due to the fast forwarding unless Hap or some other non-keyframe codec is used.
TKS

Post by TKS »

Magic wrote:I think there is a reasonable way to do this, which is to link the Start Time parameter of each VideoFile module to a Global with an Increase modifier. When each video becomes active in the MultiMix, it will therefore start at the correct time (as long as the Scene Start parameter is enabled, which makes the video start at the Start Time). However, yes, there will still be a tiny amount of drift. It might not be perceptible though. More problematic will be the stutter due to the fast forwarding unless Hap or some other non-keyframe codec is used.
Thanks a LOT for this post. I have the same video scene filmed with 5 cameras and want to blend from one camera to the next one and still be at the same moment in time.
Perfect solution for my problem :-)