Previous topicNext topic

Speed up oscillator with external input

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
stefan

Speed up oscillator with external input

Post by stefan »

Hi Magic World

I have a bit a brain blocker, so maybe somebody can help me.

I'm moving a line by translating X with a triangle oscillator. Works fine.
But for the desired speed i need to multiply it with 3. Ok, it works when i put the variuable into the oscillator.
But now i want to regulate the speed external. But the midi input is only going to 1.
If i put a scale now, then my width which the line moves is getting bigger.

I have now no clue how the scale it back down as this is eliminating the first scale.
And if i put the scale before the oscillator, it seams that it does not have a effect.

I'm sure the answer is easy but ....

Thanks
Sadler

Re: Speed up oscillator with external input

Post by Sadler »

oscillator-attenuation.jpg
oscillator-attenuation.jpg (13.83 KiB) Viewed 1537 times
In this node the OSC fader input value goes from 0 to 1 (from touchosc). Before the triangle oscillator I multiply the OSC so the value now goes from 0 to 10. The triangle oscillator without any input goes from 0 to 1 in 1 second when is value is 1. When it is fed by the OSC fader it still travels from 0 to 1 but much faster depending on the value of the fader.

The scale after the oscillator makes the line travel from 0 to 3.5 in 1 second (or faster depending on the value of the fader) which, although it is going faster, it is going faster because the distance has increased and the travel time is the same. The offset brings it into back into view spatially.

So the scale before the oscillator only scales the speed, the scale after the oscillator scales the distance and (sort of) the speed but only because its going further in the same time.