Previous topicNext topic

Colour shifting on Exported video.

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
allinesik

Colour shifting on Exported video.

Post by allinesik »

Hi,

Whenever I am exporting my videos, if I use a deep blue colour it doesn't export properly--instead it the colour shifts to more of a purple. I cant figure out why this is happening. Attached is an image that shows the video in Magic before exporting, and on the right is the video after being exported. You can see the blue at the top and bottom of each video, is different. I'm wondering how I could fix this or stop this from happening when I export?

Thanks,

Allinesik
Attachments
Image showing the colour differences. The image on the left is before export, the one on the right is after.
Image showing the colour differences. The image on the left is before export, the one on the right is after.
Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 2.13.46 PM.png (389.8 KiB) Viewed 1754 times
Sadler

Re: Colour shifting on Exported video.

Post by Sadler »

I picked your blue and rendered it from Magic to MP4 and the colour shifted a bit (~ 3%). Have you tried different file formats?
colour-shift.jpg
colour-shift.jpg (33.73 KiB) Viewed 1743 times
I've never been too concerned about slight colour shifts since the projector and environment does a lot worse.
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Colour shifting on Exported video.

Post by Magic »

I am not 100% sure, but I know that the lower-quality codecs can do this to a certain extent, particularly the mp4's that use a 4:1:1 colorspace. They consolidate some colors in order to increase compression.

If you want better output quality, use Apple ProRes, or for 100% pixel-for-pixel perfection, use a PNG sequence.