Previous topicNext topic

How to play songs sequentially (using playlist?)

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
guywithbeer

How to play songs sequentially (using playlist?)

Post by guywithbeer »

Howdy all.

Total newbie here, only been using MMV for a little over a month and loving it so far. I have been creating some fairly basic videos using MMV for my youtube channel (GUYWITHBEER MUSIC, check it out) but I feel I have only just scratched the surface so far.

Hopefully some of you can offer some guidance as I have checked through the forums and FAQs etc and not found anything specific to my issue.

I am trying to use MMV to export a video with multiple songs played sequentially. I assumed that I could set up each song as its own scene and then add them into a playlist to then export. However when I play or export all of the scenes play at the same time. Essentially all songs play simultaneously.

To clarify. I have set up scene 1 with song 1 and image 1 then added scene 2 with song 2 and image 2 as a test.

Playing this plays both songs simultaneously.

Exporting this plays both together.

How do I make the songs play sequentially (I assume using playlist but not sure exactly how evn though it seems this would be a very simple process).

Help.
Magic
Site Admin

Re: How to play songs sequentially (using playlist?)

Post by Magic »

Magic isn't really designed to play audio files sequentially, but there are two ways to do it:
1) Set the start time for each file (in the drop-down menu)
or
2) Just create one big audio file ;)
guywithbeer

Post by guywithbeer »

Eric wrote:Magic isn't really designed to play audio files sequentially, but there are two ways to do it:
1) Set the start time for each file (in the drop-down menu)
or
2) Just create one big audio file ;)
Thanks for the speedy response.

So far when wanting to create/export an MMV video with multiple songs I have been adding all the songs together and exporting as 1 mp3 file on my video editing software first and then importing that into MMV (just as you suggested) but would really prefer to be able to import each song individually into its own scene and playing those scenes sequentially to create a more varied look on the exported MMV video.

Manually setting the time for 2 or 3 songs is "manageable" but for anything more than that its too much effort for little gain (as an example the last video I made using MMV had over 40 songs).

I sure hope this functionality is something that can be added at a later date as it would make this awesome tool even more awesomer. ;-)
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Personally I would only have one song per Magic project, since Magic can be pretty resource intensive. If I then wanted to have a final video with multiple songs sequentially, I would use video editing software to assemble them.